Hello Noblesville Babe Ruth families,
Yes, it doesn't seem possible, but it is time to start thinking again about baseball, one of our most loved sports and past times. My name is Chris Moore, and I am a "New" board member at Noblesville Babe Ruth. I have been coming to this complex since I was a kid. I know it is hard to believe, but I played baseball on these diamonds. To this day, I still have fond memories of those long, summer days and nights playing baseball. The local Babe Ruth organization and the fields are ran and taken care of by volunteers just like me.
I am sure you all have recognized last year and the past several years that our fields and organization need help and improvement. Trust me, when I tell you the board sees it also. In short we need help. We need you. We need volunteers.
Our hope is that all of you will consider helping in any way possible with whatever talents you may have. Below, you will find a list of known items that we could use your help with. This list is only a start. If you have the ability to help, we want to welcome you with open arms. You do not have to commit to being a board member to help out. You can join a committee or help in an area that calls to you.
Babe Ruth offers kids a chance to play baseball from 13 - 18 years old. It is a completely different offering and environment from the rigors, schedule, and expense of travel baseball. We need your help in order to improve our facility so we can make sure kids have a place to play baseball now and into the future. Please look at the list below and please reach out to me if there is anything on, or off, the list that you would be interested in helping with.
- Sponsorships & Advertising - There are many opportunities as an individual or a local business to support our rich history and keep kids playing baseball for a long time to come.
- IT and Social Media - We need general assistance and help in this area from blogging, photos, posts, advice, etc.
- Concession Stand - For years the concession stand was managed and ran by volunteers and has been one of our main sources of income. We need several people to assist us with this endeavor for 2018.
- General Construction and Field Maintenance - It honestly takes an army to get and keep the fields in playing shape and to continue the upkeep and renovations to our fields.
- Coaches and League Commissioners - These are very important, and we are always looking for help.
- Umpire trainees and Umpires
- Fundraising – Organization and creation of possibilities to help raise funds for improvement projects. Examples could include: golf outing, fish fry, pancake breakfast, etc.
- Time! (Your Time) - If you have some time, we can use the help. Just reach out to us, and let us know.
The above is a small snapshot of items we need help with. I am hopeful that you will consider and reach out to us in order to share your time and talents so kids can continue to play baseball and cherish their summer memories the same way I do.